December 4, 2008

Snow Sweet Snow

Today is Thursday. I have always loved Thursday because it is filled with the optimism and promise of the weekend. Beyond that,I live in a cold weather state. The best kind- where the sun comes out most days and melts it away so that we can have a fresh dusting. The glittery pure blanket covers the trees and brings the mountains to life. Come March-however...when we are on our fifth month of snow, it loses some of its loveliness. I choose to be short sided and glass half full-ish now-because in THIS moment it is ABSOLUTELY enchanted.

The snow has come to us later than usual this year. Typically our first snow comes to us in late October-often Halloween...So costumes are tainted by turtlenecks, Ugg boots and winter coats. Hated that as a child-still do! Planning a costume is hard work and a North Face coat is not the finishing touch most of us have in mind. Oh and the spring snows (the ones I am not thinking about) make Easter a challenge. You try wearing a sleeveless dress and strappy sandals while hunting Easter eggs in the snow! Teehe..Those that dream of snow dream of a White Christmas, like in the cheesy movies of which I partake. We often have a dry cold Christmas and soggy Easter...teehee..Such is life!

Anyway! I do RELISH the snow-especially when I can be curled up in front of a good movie, favorite book, or even my computer... Depending what time of the day a steaming cup of java with flavored creamer and Splenda or a glass of Pinot are amongst my favorite winter month companions...

My Babies-NATURALLY want to go out in it. I pacify them enduring the cold every other day or so. Sunday- we built a little snow girl that we had to literally CONSTRUCT. For those of you who do not know snow-there are different types. The wet heavy type is ideal for snow forts and snow people bad on the roads. The light flaky picturesque kind-while breath taking as it dances to the earth-is nearly useless for anything but viewing and maybe boarding or skiing...neither of which I do, so I can't be sure-easy to drive in and only slows down the snow driving newbies to ten miles an hour...haha!

Regardless-The snow has arrived! Snow always brings with it cold weather delights...Fluffy sweaters...Tall boots, long colorful scarves and HATS! Love hats-own more than I wear because whenever I go to wear one-my hair turns out...Again one of those "such is life" things...Starbucks winter coffees, Bath and Body Works Christmas scents-yummy Twisted Peppermint!(Which they removed the glitter from-hooray! not as pretty in the bottle. I greatly appreciate it though because I love the scent, but am not fourteen or a cheerleader/stripper...so time to lay off the body glitter.) Christmas time means concocting all the homemade favorites I had as a child. Think I will ACTUALLY do that this year. Time to start building family traditions as the Bebes are getting old enough to partake and appreciate them. This Christmas season promises to be a DELIGHTFUL one.

So-Welcome Snow Sweet Snow!

...still blocking out the prior knowledge I have ascertained of May snow. Teehee! Guess all relationships bring both ecstasy and detest...otherwise our hearts aren't in them...Right?

1 comments:

JenBun said...

Snow? What is this cold, wet, white stuff of which you speak?!?

;)