December 12, 2008

Red Wine, Roller Derby and Dancing on the Bar. Did I mention Chocolate cake?

So...I had a birthday about a week ago. And I am at the age where I am not sure if I should celebrate birthdays anymore.

However I AM "A"- Spoiled and "B"- Born the Baby in my family...(are those REALLY separate items?) Anyway...I am not sure I will ever stop celebrating MY BIRTHDAY for my own sake...I mean someone has to, right? That whole "You teach people how to treat you" Doctor Phil ( or Doctor Feel-that allusion killed with the Sesame Street crowd) -ism. I do not consider myself the most vivacious girl. I do not take a lot of risk...no bungee jumping...driving at high speeds...tonguing strangers. I do (unfortunately for my lack of budgeting abilities) get a bit crazy shopping at times...but that is not exactly off the charts- out of control. So this year-I planned my own "party".

Two days before, my husband sweetly did the obligatory dinner, movie and drinks...and that was very nice too. I DO OF COURSE appreciate his efforts...But I work from home, have little rug rats and don't out out much...As i mentioned before, I like to have a good time (by my own definition of course)-so I invited what few friends I currently have to join me...Really about the Going OUT- the birthday thing merely gave me an excuse.


Party is in quotations above, as it wasn't exactly a bash...but I DID have FUN! First we went to see Roller Derby...and although it was my second time and I do not get all of the rules...it is fun and fairly easy to follow...and AWESOME people watching. We THEN went out for dinner and more cocktails and then three of us went on to Coyote Ugly. I have only been in Vegas and had a good time. Knew this one would not truly compete...but a Girl Has to Dance on the Bar Every Now and Again...right? My Sister in Law was sweet enough to be my Partner in Crime and my husband stood by as if he was waiting for that cough test men rant about so often. (How bad could it REALLY have been? Young girls, small clothes...body shots...? THOSE things much more fascinating to him of course. Never will understand how every new set of boobies is like seeing them for the first time). Truly the only bad thing about the night for me was that I lost the new MAC holiday lip palette that my Babies gave me for my birthday...booo! Out of my OCD will HAVE to replace so long as they are still in stock. Blah, blah, blah...

Anyway-"To celebrate, not to celebrate birthday debate" ...think the CELEBRATES have it...each one may be the last...may as well live it up anyway you see fit. Within reason of course...




So Happy Birthday to Me!

0 comments: