December 27, 2008

Christmas Hang over

So I love Christmas as much as the next girl. And I have Little Ones, so that makes it THAT much better. I thought I got excited! The shopping, the sparkly decorations, the twinkle lights, the pretty packages, the magic, the cheesy-yet lovely music (my Christmas music library is ridiculous ranging from the Rat Pack to Kenny Chesney...), the family and friends, the magic...and the shopping...(I may have to look into retail rehab).

Anyway-there is so much anticipation for me at Christmas time...mostly in buying all the gifts and being literally "like a kid on Christmas" waiting to see all the happy faces...so after our SIX Christmases (Vince Vaughn got off easy) and the toys are assembled...the front room looks like it was massacred by gift gremlins...I always feel a bit hung over. Meaning that while it all is very rewarding, it is a bit sad when it all has to come to an end. The last couple days I have felt excessively mopey and blue. I couldn't even muster the energy to participate in the sale mecca of day after Christmas shopping. Not to mention that I have not a single space for anything. I didn't even set up the new I Phone I got (and am absolutely thrilled about!)

By the way it was an utter surprise and I wept because I was touched mostly by the surprise of his surprise...and a little bit because I felt like a creep. My Husband has been known to do this little thing where he is very adamant and "Man in Charge-ish" about a budget for one anther's Christmas gifts.Then I fall for it and he goes all out...buying me jewelry (something else not in the budget)... or anything else that will make me tear up. This is endearing and romantic (he is pretty good at the grand gestures) but I have this short term memory and go by the Budget Rule and then feel like a She-Grinch when he gets Jelly Bellies and Season Three of Always Sunny, a horror movie and some random stocking stuffers...and I get an I-Phone...ooohhhh and Pretty Woman Anniversary Edition (only had on vhs) and Season 4 of Grey's from the kids...Not bad, right? It IS better to give, than to receive -without a doubt. Honestly though, can't say I hate receiving...affection,thoughtful gifts,lip gloss, compliments (so long as sincere)...all good things to receive

Anyway got to get over my post Christmas Hang Over and figure out what the Bebe's and I are going to wear to the New Year's Eve Wedding Reception we have to attend...More shopping and twinkly lights...hmmm...just may be what the Store Whore ordered.

0 comments: