September 10, 2008

Distracted

I tend toward being overly analytical when it comes to things that don't matter the least bit to anyone, sometimes even to me...haha...kinda' ridiculous really...And in my overly analytical fashion, I have decided that I do this because if I really took the time to think about what a complete disaster I really am, I might fall into a trillion little fragmented pieces...so I analyze empty things to keep me mind occupied...and distracted.

So case in point the above is one example, here is another...

I love "Sex and the City...first because I identify with the characters and second because I love the fashion...not that I am high fashion, but I still have an appreciation for it...sort of like my relationship with art and classical music...anyway...

I have a theory that doesn't matter one iota in the grand scheme of things...but my theory is : that the show is written so that all the women who watch the show identify with Carrie Bradshaw (for those of you living under a rock, played by Sarah Jessica Parker) and one other character...in my case, Charlotte (whom I think is portrayed by Kristin Davis...? She also played Brooke the psycho who drown in the swimming pool on Melrose Place)...oh the wasted hours I have spent on bubble gum television!

Anyway...Sarah Jessica Parker is savvy and strong yet surprisingly vulnerable...and Charlotte is sweet and prim in MOST situations...not sure who plays the rest of me...but so far if I were a television character I would be a mix of Carrie Bradshaw, Charlotte, Elaine from Seinfeld crazy...and Cybil...all the above and then some mixed together in uneven amounts...haha.

Oh the beauty of distraction!

0 comments: