February 13, 2009

I Love "U"

I Love” U”!

This is totally lost in translation. No graphics. Boo! So I will add in the play by play.

In an effort to celebrate V-D (Valentine’s Day)…and all things lovey and lovely - AND out of love for one of my fav blogs …”Clever Girl Goes Blog” I am going to participate in Tia’s love by letter challenge. She very graciously assigned me the letter “u” hahaha…thank you Tia!
So here is the task at hand…to list ten things that you love that start with your assigned letter. In my case, the letter (as mentioned above) is “u”
1. Undies. Love, love the matching, pretty, girly, lacy sets…I have to admit though that with two fairly young children-I am lucky to find a bra and panties and clothes that match in time to get my son to preschool. …forget finding the matching set and then making sure it doesn’t show through whatever I have chosen from the Clean Pile to put on. Still- I make an effort to go all out in the lacy thing department every now and again…(which is me-ish for not THAT often). Also believe this is really more for me than my husband. He has only a brief appreciation of it- lingerie makes me feel sexy all day. Sadly, this is not me pictured below…but a girl can dream. Right? In my case, to BE her (atleast in body)-not be WITH her…teehee.

Imagine VS Angel here.

2. United States of America. I am a Patriot (ess?) at heart. YES times are tough. OF COURSE they are tough EVERYWHERE-not just HERE. As a Country, we are often short-sided but we are also optimistic and generous and thankful to live where we live. What a beautiful place to be! Not only geographically, but where we are all free to agree and/or disagree openly-and not have to worry that we will be taken to jail in the night, or fear that our views will put our family’s safety in jeoprady. We still need to work on our behavior/reputation abroad a…but some of that is fulfilling preexisting expectations. Oh! And that debt thingy…
Anyway, God Bless Us-and Everyone around the Globe-but all that doesn’t begin with “u”.

American Flag pic.

3. Unicorns. Who doesn’t love a good unicorn? This is a bit of a stretch, but I like mythical creatures. Zeus, Venus, fairies and Edward Cullen (I mean…vampires)…Magic is well, it’s MAGICAL. I love that faith in the unseen world of childhood that begins to fade as we become mature and realistic. Pfft…realism is over-rated. I choose pixie dust and mermaids and unicorns…

Mythological red and black unicorn here.

4. Ugly Pretty. This is sort of like couture pretty…the whole high fashion thing. I probably got this term from ANTM…In my opinion, Ugly Pretty is the humanity in beauty. The character and intelligence…depth of beauty. The mole above the lip, the small scar against the chiseled chin, the lines in the statue David, the Mona Lisa smirk…the crack in the Grecian vase, . You get the hint. Ugly Pretty is the interesting version of perfection-Lovely’s sister, Sexy.

Juicy Couture perfume ad here.

5. Understanding. Pretty straightforward. We all like to be or feel understood…we also like to feel as if we understand both intellectually and emotionally the people and situations we encounter along our journey. “What’s so funny ‘bout peace, love and understanding?…:”0).
"No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding." Plato

Painting of Plato.

6. Uniforms. For me this is exclusive to Men in Uniform. Cliché’? Yes. But for good reason. Military dress uniforms are best-so heroic!…Don’t hate baseball uniforms either, or mobsters in tuxes…heehee. Funny though, a man in a McDonald’s uniform does not leave the same impression…

Richard Gere from 'An Officer and a Gentleman"

7. Upgrades. I am techno-impaired…but upgrades are good right? Improved functionality is usually a plus. Although I can’t help but think of ROBOTS, “Why be you, when you can be new”…slogan…Balance is key to healthy upgrading in technology and in life…fine line between being fashionable and fickle.

I-Phone picture, BMW and ROBOT cartoon character...

8. Undiscovered. Life is all about discovery. So whether it be a delicious dive in a non-trendy part of the city or a new love. Seeking out that perfect shade of lip gloss or revealing a hidden talent you never knew you possessed,…Uncovering a fierce pair of shoes hidden away on the sale rack, or discovering the crumpled up twenty that you left in your winter coat. The new truth you learned, even if it was obtained the hard way. What about the best book you fell upon because its’ title captured your interest? Perhaps it is that out of the way break in the meadow where the sun illuminates your Vampire like a diamond-encrusted chandelier (sorry, couldn’t resist)…Anyway, the possibilities are endless. Why do you think so many people watch American Idol, Top Chef and Antique Road show? The road of discovery is kind of like “the hunt”…you know? Or something…kinda’, sorta’ like that and it all begins with the UNDISCOVERED. Otherwise the game is no fun.

Sparkley vampire. Of course!

9. Unique. Mostly I like to hope/think that I am unique. In a precious-memorable way, not a freaky ”Thank the Lord there is no one else like you” –kind of way..Or maybe a mix of the two. Really though, how unique can we REALLY be? Only one of me and only one you…but the human condition has most of us chasing our tails…or working out on the hamster wheel. “Nothing new under the sun” and all… Anyway…uniqueness is an aspiration of mine…but I don’t work too hard at it. Think it is supposed to be effortless-teehee. Challenge nonetheless to stand apart.

Whitworth Miller (different colored eyes), crown jewels and beach castle photos. Atticus Finch.

10. Ultra-glamorous. This one I definitely am not-though I make my feeble attempts. I do greatly admire it in others …not sure I know any real life people who I would consider ultra-glamorous. Young Hollywood has lost most of its’ mystique and with that-it’s glamour. Old Hollywood though…WOW! Ultra glamour was its very essence. Here are a few of my favorites.

Audrey, Jackie, Carey Grant, Clark Gable, Vivian Leigh, Sopia Loren...

Shwew! I did it.

“U” words that didn’t make the list? Uggs, Umbros, U-2 and Umbrellas…Want a letter?

I hope you enjoyed it. This was my best shot! Sorry for the drab non technicolor version!

May have to revisit with "ultimate" and "unforgetable"...

0 comments: