January 20, 2009

Kids- Smarter Than You Think

Okay so I mentioned before that I have two kids. Mentioned in my last post that they don't always play nice. They are adorable and sweet...they are funny, dramatic, imaginative, playful and smart. Very SMART...like little mischievous Master Minds. They could be Batman Villains-except MUCH too cute and THANKFULLY no bizarre disfiguring experiences! (i.e. Joker, Two Face, etc.)

So I mentioned in the Playing Nice...? blog-that my son will be like a quiet little storm and then break lose like Hurricane Jasper (are the Js next?) when I get on the phone for business. Well this was a bit like that-with a twist.

So this is how it went down-

Me: Mommy needs to get on the phone for a minute and I am going in the other room, so you two need to play nice (just like the last blog) and keep it down. okay?

Little Evil Genius'/ Cherubs: Okay Mommy (chattering about super heroes and playing tea party on the step stool in the bathroom)

I go into the kitchen and dial the phone. I am in the middle of leaving a message when I hear my daughter sobbing in the other room. So I cover the mouth piece and end my call...running into the bathroom as fast as I can.

Me: Freaking Out a Bit: WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?

Little Girl Evil Genius (holding face, still sobbing): He hit me on my head, ears and face.

I kiss the Sweet Crying Baby and turn to the Offending Offspring.

Me: Why did you do that to your sister?

LEG: I don't know.

Me: Yes you do, Why did you smack your sister down?

LEG: I don't know...(this time with less certainty)

Me sensing that the Bad Mommy Cop act is working and I have him where I want him, continue...

Me: YES YOU DO- She didn't do ANYTHING to you...WHY DID YOU HIT YOUR SISTER?

LEG: (Looks at me and then at his sister and then mumbles)...Because I wanted you to get off the phone.

Enough said.

Something I always suspected...figured I was using my Freshman Year Psychoanalyzing Skills-Had absolutely NO idea that he was fully aware of the reasoning behind his actions...

He is five.

Adorable Evil Geniuses...I tell you.




*Thanks to Tia of CGGB for giving me a format idea for the conversation aspect of this blog -Hope she doesn't mind...

0 comments: