June 19, 2009

Had a CRAZY Dream...

Dream-sperts (I am not certain there is their official title-but why Google it when you can just make it up your own self...how educated am I?) say that we dream every single night...and that if we want to search for relevance in our dreams we should document them and then consult "reputable" dream resources. It is said that our dreams utilize a portion of the brain-subconscious that we do not use during our waking hours (some say as much of 90% of our brains lie dormant-there are days when we could all use that brain mass-Yes? Not just speaking for myself here am I?Is this not a democracy...). Dreamologists (I did it again) also say that a chunk of what we dream about is something we came into contact with over the past forty-eight hours of living...So there is that as well. As a non-expert seems to me that a lot of that IS relevant- but also what you consumed before bed-be it pinot noir, vitamins or chicken wings...and waking up mid sleep=crazy(ER) train dreams.

Keeping all of that in mind...take out your notebooks...oh Freuds in training. Analysis required please.

So last night- I nodded off at one a.m.- and then was awakened at 2:30 a.m. for spider check...(periodic part time position-inquire within) after which, I went back to sleep on the couch this time-should the creepy crawlies return. It was then, nestled uncomfortably against the remote that I had said CRAZY dream...

The sun was just reaching it's mark in the morning sky ...the birds were sing-squawking outside my window...let me just add here that for whatever reason- the birds 'round here are in insane abundance...a bit more Hitchcockesque than Snow White animated blue birds. Taking my set queue I drag myself from the embrace of my cloud-like sinky bed and face the day utterly against my will.

Coffee in hand I shuffle to the bathroom and make the usual preparations

...you know the drill...shower-lotion-potion-dress-
Apply my NATURALlook with the skilled stealth of a liner brush wielding ninja...nothing too exciting so far...

Anyway donned in a technicolor off the shoulder moss green sun dress I don't own but should- I dry my hair and style it...Here it is...are you ready? *hands shaking*

I look my reflection over for final approval reacting with chagrin at the end result...

and so- I pull out an electric shaver and proceed to buzz cut the offending side of my hair at the temple. Imagine Edward Scissorhands with razors for fingers...

That's the end...

I didn't LIKE my hair so I said "What the heck-I will SHAVE it OFF"...(Not recommended even if conducted by trained professionals)

ME- baffled and shaken (not stirred)...you...giving me answers to my CRAZY dream?

Ready, set...analyze.

2 comments:

TheTokenMale said...

Spiders refer to something bad in your life. They will usually refer to some situation where you feel trapped or stuck. Perhaps you dislike your job and wish to move to something more interesting. Perhaps you feel stuck in a relationship. Just think of those emotions about being caught in a spiders web.

I was not sure if the buzzing of the hair was part of the dream or the whole getting ready part.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a crazy dream. Do you secretly hate your hair? Hmm I don't know. I really need to get a dream book. I have crazy dreams too when I remember them. Never shaved my head in one though. I did have sex with my bff's fiance though. I don't know where that came from either. I remember waking up with the "huh??" feeling. I would never do that to her so sometimes it is just your mind playing tricks with you I think. So don't think about shaving your head anytime soon okay?
:D